Hasti Imam complex is one of the numerous religious complexes in Tashkent. It is also called the Hazrati Imam complex. The complex was erected near the tomb of Imam, a scientist, an expert on the Koran and Hadith, one of the first preachers of Islam in Tashkent, Hazrati Imam (his full name is Abu Bakr ibn Ismail al-Kaffal ash-Shoshiy).
The construction of the Hazrati Imam complex was completed in 2007. The complex consists of the following buildings: Hazrati Imam Cathedral Mosque, Mui Muborak Madrasah, Hazrati Imam Mausoleum, Barakhan Madrasah and Namazgoh Mosque. In addition to the buildings, there is a library of Oriental manuscripts and the Koran of the Caliph Usman.
Hazrat Imam spoke 72 languages and translated the Old Testament (Torah) into Arabic. According to historical sources, he got the nickname “Kaffal” (which means “Locksmith”), because he was a master in making locks and keys.
There are 353 large parchment sheets in Koran. At first, Koran was in Medina, then in Damascus and Baghdad. From Baghdad to the Samarkand Koran was transported by Tamerlane. In 1869, the Koran of Usman was exported to St. Petersburg, where they proved its authenticity. From there, Koran was transferred to Ufa, and after that the Koran of Usman was transported to Tashkent.
The Koran of Usman, is kept in Tashkent, is the only surviving original manuscript of Koran.