The madrasah was built in 1622-1623 by the vizier Imamkuli-khan Nodir Divan-begi as a caravanserai (a public building used as a parking lot for trade caravans and travelers), but after some time this place was converted into a madrasa without the main premises for training sessions, which was never built.
Since 1993, the madrasa has been on the UNESCO World Heritage List. Madrasas are also called the "Sher-Dora mirror." Since the madrasa was severely damaged, to restore its appearance it was necessary to study the work of the Samarkand scientist Abutahirhoji, where the Nodir Devon Begi madrasa was called “Sherdori-Berun” (Berun in translation - “outside the city”).
Therefore, Sher-dor was the prototype of the Nodir Devon Begi madrasah. However, the reason for this analogue has not been described.
In the side walls of the madrasah there are hujras. Mosaic images of fallow deer and two Simurg birds, whose eyes are fixed on the sun, are seen on the portal of the madrasa. According to mythology, birds simurg personify happiness. Also on the front side of the portal you can see the sacred inscription, which praises Allah and Mohammed